Laser vs. Waxing: Which Hair Removal Method Is Right For You?
Grooming and presenting our best side to the world is an essential part of our lives. We try out different methods to remove unwanted hair from the body and spend a lot of valuable time figuring out which is the best and the easiest. Of them, waxing and laser hair removal is the most effective and popular approaches used by men and women around the world to eliminate annoying hair from the body.
If you don’t know which hair removal method is right for you and which one to choose, learning about its overall effectiveness, limitations, longevity, and affordability can help make up your mind. To clear any doubts you have in mind regarding laser hair removal and waxing, visit Exhale Laser to get an honest opinion about which hair removal approach would suit you best. The premier laser removal destination in New York, Exhale Laser provides complete and non-invasive services that leave your skin incredibly smooth and silky. You can look forward to getting personalized treatments with results that speak volumes about their success.
Laser Hair Removal vs. Waxing
Here is a comparison of the two most popular hair removal methods, waxing, and laser. Both are highly effective techniques for getting rid of undesirable hair, but the process, results, and discomfort level of each varies greatly. Read on to know more about laser and waxing to determine which one would work best for you.
How Does Waxing Work?
Waxing is a popular method for removing unwanted body hair. It instantly removes hair from the roots and leaves the skin silky smooth. The process is a simple one. You require some hot wax, an applicator, and a fabric strip to destroy unwelcome hair from any part of the body in a few minutes.
An applicator is used for applying the hot wax evenly on the skin, in the same direction as the hair growth. Then a strip of fabric is applied to the top and smoothed down in the same direction as the hair growth. Lastly, you have to pull the strip off the skin in the opposite direction of the hair growth. You will notice hair sticking to the strip.
When done right, waxing removes the hair from its follicles. The result is smooth and silky skin without any visible hair on the surface. However, the follicles remain intact in the dermis layer of the skin. Generally, waxing keeps your skin hair free and smooth for several weeks. After some time, you will notice hairs growing back that continue to increase with time. As per the need, you will have to wax again to get rid of the new hair growth.
Is Waxing the Right Way for Hair Removal?
It is one of the most popular ways for getting rid of body hair. However, it does not work for everyone, especially for people with sensitive skin, who have to suffer burn marks, spots, and itchiness. It can also be painful. Applying hot wax and then having the hair ripped off from the roots is not a pleasant experience.
This means you have to wait and grow your hair out before you could go for waxing. Another downside of waxing experienced by many people is that it can lead to ingrown hairs that look pretty unsightly.
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
Laser hair removal involves the use of a high-powered laser that attacks the root of the hair and destroys the follicle to prevent its regrowth. It is a more complex method as compared to waxing and involves the use of advanced technology, which delivers incredible results in the long run.
The procedure begins by numbing and cooling the skin. The specialist starts the process by applying the laser to the skin in the area targeted for hair removal. Laser hair removal requires several treatment sessions, regardless of the areas of the body, to reduce hair growth, and its results can last for months and years. Some people may require a touchup from time to time, but a marked difference in regrowth is noted by all people who opt for laser.
Pros and Cons of Waxing
There are pros and cons to every hair removal technique. The only difference is that some offer more benefits than others and prove effective. It is necessary to weigh the pros and cons before deciding if waxing is the right choice for you.
- Waxing is effective for all hair types, skin types, and skin tones. Regardless of the color or texture of your skin or hair, it works even for those who cannot go for any other hair removal option.
- Another benefit of waxing is that you can do it at home. You can buy the DIY kits and try if you can manage them by yourself. It may not deliver the same results as visiting the salon, but it works well for emergencies.
- Last but not the least, waxing is a much more affordable option than laser hair removal. You can get your entire body waxed for just a few hundred dollars.
- If you have ever been through waxing, you know that it hurts. It is more painful in sensitive parts of the body such as the ears, bikini line, and underarms. You may feel more pain if you have long hair on your arms and legs.
- Waxing often results in ingrown hair. It does not damage the root of the hair, it just pulls the hair from its follicle, leaving the root behind to grow back, and when it grows, it can become ingrown.
- Waxing might seem to be a cheaper alternative when compared to a single session of laser hair removal. However, if you go for waxing every month or twice a month for years, it could cost you even more than laser treatment.
- Waxing can be a time-consuming process. It takes some time to apply the wax, removes the hair, and maybe do it again if any hair is left behind. Too much waxing is not good for skin, specifically sensitive skin, and causes burn marks, spots, and itchiness.
You should have at least a quarter-inch of hair growth so that the wax has something to grip onto. You will have to wait for some hair here and there to get effective results for waxing. Waxing may not be the best option if you want hair-free, smooth hair all the time.
The Pros and Cons of Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal has its own shares of pros and cons. The good thing is that for most people, the benefits outweigh the risks, which makes it the preferred choice of those who want the best.
- Laser hair removal is the best option for eliminating unwanted growth on the entire body. It offers long-term results and helps to prevent rapid regrowth for months and years. You will begin to see the results from the first session.
- It works well for people who want to save time. The sessions are quick and easy, even if you are getting treatment for a larger part of the body. You will be under the laser for a short time during each session and notice a marked difference in hair growth.
- The laser is completely safe and does not cause any lasting damage to the skin. It works equally well for sensitive skin and areas such as the face, bikini line, and underarms without causing severe pain and burns marks or spots.
- You can go for laser hair removal treatment for any part of the body without fear. The equipment is operated by licensed and certified specialists who come up with treatment plans keeping in mind your skin type and hair growth.
- The best thing about laser hair removal is that it does not hurt like waxing and is gentle on the skin. The pulse of the laser feels like a rubber band snapping on the skin, which is nothing. Also, with every passing session, you will feel the sensation of discomfort lessening.
- Laser is most effective for people with light skin and dark hair. It means you may not be the ideal candidate, or you may not achieve the best results if you have dark skin or light hair. You must consult a specialist before scheduling a session.
- Laser hair removal is expensive. Every session costs a lot more than a single waxing session, and not everyone can afford it. However, as it works as a long-term hair removal method, it proves to be a more cost-effective solution than a lifetime of waxing.
- Laser hair removal is a process. You cannot get the desired results in one session. To destroy the hair follicle and inhibit further growth, the hair should be in a certain phase of growth. For this reason, multiple sessions are required. You will have to set up appointments over some time to get rid of unwanted hair.
Laser Hair Removal vs. Waxing – Which Is Better?
When it comes to getting rid of unwanted body hair, the laser is the best method. It is a long-term solution that is far less painful while far more effective than waxing. It offers a higher guarantee of results. After the recommended number of sessions, you notice a permanent reduction in the treatment area. Further treatment may be necessary if the sessions are spaced out over long intervals to maintain the results.
Even though waxing clears the skin from the outside, there are chances of ingrown hair, which not only look unsightly but also turn painful and even develop an infection if you are not careful. A laser is the only method of hair removal that helps with ingrown hairs as it completely destroys the hair follicle. Once the follicle is destroyed, you will not have to worry about these tiny, pesky ingrown hair again.
If you have tried the traditional methods of hair removal such as waxing, shaving, and epilating and want a more effective and affordable solution, laser hair removal is the right option. Call Exhale Laser now to learn more about the benefits of laser hair removal treatment and get started on your journey to year-round hair-less skin.
Laser hair removal can radically change your life for the better. If you are ready to take the next step and enjoy silky, smooth skin for years, visit Exhale Laser in Queens, NYC to learn if it will work for you. The decision to switch from shaving and waxing to laser hair removal is a big and serious one, and you must consult the specialists in the field to know everything about it. The licensed and experienced specialists are devoted to rejuvenating and enhancing your natural beauty using the latest and most advanced techniques that reduce hair growth significantly and make you shine.